· ''stone: Popular abbreviation for a single container of Keystone Light beer, commonly used among low-income, high-volume drinkers. Pass me a …
Definition of stone in the Definitions dictionary. Meaning of stone. What does stone mean? Information and translations of stone in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
KJV Dictionary Definition: stone stone. STONE, n. Gr. 1. A concretion of some species of earth, as lime, silex, clay and the like, usually in combination with some species of air or gas, with sulphur or with a metallic substance; a hard compact body, of any form and size.
Stone Age definition is - the first known period of prehistoric human culture characterized by the use of stone tools. How to use Stone Age in a sentence.
· The term living stones in 1 Peter 2:5 is used as a metaphor to illustrate the secure and intimate relationship believers have with Jesus, who is described in the previous verse as the "living Stone" (1 Peter 2:4). Together, these two verses picture how Christ and His followers are joined by God Himself: "As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and ...
· General Terms for Stone Tools . Artifact (or Artefact): An artifact (also spelled artefact) is an object or remainder of an object, which was created, adapted, or used by humans. The word artifact can refer to almost anything found at an archaeological site, including everything from landscape patterns to the tiniest of trace elements clinging to a potsherd: all stone tools are artifacts.
Definition of stone written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner''s Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
stone meaning: 1. the hard, solid substance found in the ground that is often used for building, or a piece of…. Learn more.
· Stone-cold definition: If something that should be warm is stone-cold, it is very cold. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Definition: The Dressing of stone is defined as "The process of giving a proper size, shape and finish to the roughly broken stones as obtained from the quarry." This is done with the help of hand tools like a pickaxe, chisels, etc., or with the help of machines.
The scientific description of dimension stone types is focused primarily on the stone''s geographic locality and mineralogical composition, whereas the commercial description is focused primarily on the locality and color of the stone. 2. Historically, it has been commercial practice to group stones within performance and behavioral groups as ...
Stone, British unit of weight for dry products generally equivalent to 14 pounds avoirdupois (6.35 kg), though it varied from 4 to 32 pounds (1.814 to 14.515 kg) for various items over time. In 1389 a royal statute fixed the stone of wool at 14 pounds.
· The art of building a structure in stone with any suitable masonry is called stone masonry. Stone masonry may be broadly classified into the following two types: 1. Rubble Masonry 2. Ashlar Masonry. The stone masonry in which either undressed or roughly dressed stone are laid in a suitable mortar is called rubble masonry. In this masonry the joints are not of uniform
· The first definition for rock is "A large rugged mass of hard mineral material or stone.". Its first use comes from Old English, dated at 950-1100. The OED defines stone as "A piece of rock or hard mineral substance of a small or moderate size," first used in 825. Now, I see the difference! Curiously, the word stonerock, defined as "A ...
Stone-deaf definition is - totally deaf. Post the Definition of stone-deaf to Facebook Share the Definition of stone-deaf on Twitter
Stone butch. A stone butch is a lesbian who displays butchness or traditional " masculinity ", as opposed to a stone femme. Identification with the terms is not necessarily dependent upon the person''s physical appearance or gender expression, or upon the identity of a partner.
Another name for a stone, or hard mineral lump, is a rock. If you turn over a large stone in the forest, you might find a whole colony of worms, beetles, and other creepy-crawlies living underneath.
stone (stōn) n. 1. a. Concreted earthy or mineral matter; rock. b. Such concreted matter of a particular type. Often used in combination: sandstone; soapstone. 2. A small piece of rock. 3. Rock or a piece of rock shaped or finished for a particular purpose, especially: a. A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone. b ...
This word literally means a "stone," such as you might find in a creek or field, but can also be a "weight" used in a balance scale, as it is made from a stone or a block within a building that is made of hewn stones. This Hebrew word is derived out of the parent root בן ( ben, Strong''s #1121). In the original Hebrew alphabet, this ...
What does cornerstone mean? The definition of a cornerstone is a stone at the corner of a building, or a basic, essential part of something. (noun) ...
· home / medterms medical dictionary a-z list / stone-mason''s disease definition Medical Editor: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD Stone-mason''s disease: See: Silicosis.
· A kidney stone that gets stuck can block your flow of urine, causing severe pain or bleeding. Learn more about your urinary tract and how it works . If you have symptoms of kidney stones, including severe pain or bleeding, seek care right away.
Stone Age, prehistoric cultural stage, or level of human development, characterized by the creation and use of stone tools. The Stone Age, whose origin coincides with the discovery of the oldest known stone tools, which have been dated to some 3.3 million years ago, is usually divided into three separate periods—Paleolithic Period, Mesolithic Period, and Neolithic Period—based on the ...
Stone age definition, the period in the history of humankind, preceding the Bronze Age and the Iron Age, and marked by the use of stone implements and weapons: subdivided into the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic periods. See more.
Definition of stone_1 noun in Oxford Advanced Learner''s Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more.
· Certainly, as stone masonry work is the oldest skilled trade, stone carving is most likely the oldest 3-dimensional art form. People look at clouds and see shapes, with a bit of an imagination. In a similar way that someone can see something in a rock shape. New Hampshire''s Old Man in the Mountain, aka Great Stone Face, in Franconia Notch was ...
· Natural stone on the wide consumer market mostly comes in two sizes. Full-size blocks approximately the size of one or two retaining wall blocks can provide full-dimension coverage and the stacked look that many homeowners desire. For a veneer-style cover, natural stone is quarried and then cut into slices with an industrial-size, similar to a wet tile saw.
Carving stone into sculpture is an activity older than civilization itself. Prehistoric sculptures were usually human forms, such as the Venus of Willendorf and the faceless statues of the Cycladic cultures.Later cultures devised animal, human-animal and abstract forms in stone. The earliest cultures used abrasive techniques, and modern technology employs pneumatic hammers and other devices.
· Tablets of stone definition: Stone is used in expressions such as set in stone and tablets of stone to suggest that an... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Azurite stone meaning comes from the word azure, meaning blue, and it''s called the "Stone of the Heavens" for its ability to shift subconscious thoughts into the conscious mind. Black Tourmaline. Dodge negativity with black tourmaline, a protective stone that blocks negative energy and emotional vampires from leaching the life from you.
Stone definition is - a concretion of earthy or mineral matter:. How to use stone in a sentence.
Stone. The signification of stone in a wide sense is truth, concerning which see (AC 643).Stones have signified truth for the reason that the boundaries of the most ancient people were marked off by stones, and that they set up stones as witnesses that the case was so and so, or that it was true; as is evident from the stone that Jacob set up for a pillar (Gen. 28:22; 35:14), and from the ...
A stone is a piece of rock is a mass of hard, compacted mineral.The word is often used to mean a small piece of rock. The word "stone" also refers to natural rock as a material, especially a building material.Natural stones used as building material include granite, marble and sandstone.Manufactured, artificial products, such as concrete or clay bricks, are not stone.
Purpose: To propose a size-related definition of stone dust produced by lithotripsy of urinary stones. Methods: Stone dust was defined as particles small enough to adhere to the following criteria: (1) spontaneous floating under 40 cm H 2 O irrigation pressure; (2) mean sedimentation time of > 2 s through 10 cm saline solution; (3) fully suitable for aspiration through a 3.6 F working channel.
refers to the degree to which someone will stand up for them self or what one is responsible for, or, the degree to which one will go to get the job done. At work, having stones can be career-limiting if the company you work for values yes men instead of people that can actually get something done right. On film or TV, action heroes typically have major stones.
What is Stone, Stones? Definition and meaning:STONE, STONES ston, stonz: 1.
· Hag stone powers. They are used to see invisible creatures of the land of the Fae and open up a window to other realms. They are used as protection against spells, warding, and healing. Livestock owners would use the stones to protect their animals from bewitchment or being ridden to the Sabbath by witches.